Patagonia StormFront Packs
Patagonia Stormfront Pack Review
Do you have expensive gear you need to protect from the elements……..then check these two Patagonia Stormfront Packs out.
The Patagonia Stormfront Packs include both the Stormfront Back Pack and the Stormfront Hip Pack. They are both completely waterproof and made of a bullet proof 840-denier nylon double-coat with a polyurethane film. I recently took all my expensive camera gear in the Stormfront Back Pack to Alaska where it rained constantly. My gear stayed completely dry. There is even a couple straps on the front of the packs designed to hold a rod tube, but it also holds a camera tripod very well.
The Patagonia Stormfront Pack is a ultra-simple waterproof pack and is now made even tougher. The Patagonia Stromfront Pack is made with 840-denier double polyurethane-coated nylon fabric and features a revolutionary easy-to-use waterproof zipper and internal, custom-fit padded gear case with hook-and-loop dividers. It’s comfortably supported by a removable shoulder-strap harness and 3-D spacer-mesh back panel. Take the harness off and you have the perfect dry boat bag. A glued-in zippered mesh pocket keeps valuables organized and extra dry, while the external mesh pocket holds your hydration reservoir. The harness system includes tool attachment and storage capabilities plus, as an added bonus, it’s compatible with the vest portion of our Pack Vest.
- Waterproof/corrosion-proof main zipper; zipper relocated to create a panel opening; waterproof welded pod
- Internal custom-fit padded gear case has hook-and-loop dividers
- Detachable harness transforms Stormfront Pack into a drybag
- Stormfront Pack harness has some crossover functionality with our Pack Vest
- External mesh hydration reservoir pocket
- Internal zippered mesh pocket
- 3-D spacer-mesh back panel wicks moisture, dries quickly and allows air circulation
- 840-denier nylon double-coat with a polyurethane film. Padded gear case: 200-denier polyester. Harness pack: 3-D spacer-mesh
- 1105 g (2 lb 7 oz)
- Waterproof/corrosion-proof main zipper; waterproof welded pod
- 3D spacer-mesh back panel wicks moisture, dries quickly and allows air circulation
- Interior zippered security pockets secure keys, wallet, accessories
- Outer pack: 840-denier 100% nylon double-coat with a polyurethane film and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Back panel: 3D spacer mesh
- 433 g (15.3 oz)
I give the Patagonia Stormfront Packs a 5 STAR rating. I don’t know of another type of pack that I would rather put my camera gear in other than a Pelican padded hard side case.